Skip to main content

Choose a design scheme 1.5

For my brand, I want something clean, yet sophisticated. I want my logo, website, social media and other forms of medium to elude this too. I want to create a brand that is modern yet classical at the same time. I want this look because customers are more likely to trust a brand that they know has been around for a long time rather than a business that is starting up.

This week I was challenged to create a logo, something that customers will be able to recognise me from. It was advised on Wiki to get a logo made by a professional, however since I am a media specialist it is only right that I create it myself.

Here are the logos that I have made:


I know that I want something clean, but it also needs a tag line. The colours I have chosen for my logo are black and white. I have chosen these colours because they are simple and contrast well against each other. After I created these logos, I looked back and noticed that there was a lack of personality, slogan and colour. There was nothing much that stood out against other companies that have come before. I decided to start drafting up ideas and decided to start from scratch. I knew that I wanted the company name to remain in focus. However, I also wanted a pop of colour and maybe the added extra of a cartoon character. These are what I created:





Even though I liked the idea of the little lamb, I decided that I will use this differently. The logos I created had everything I was looking for to convey the message I wanted to. I decided to add the touch of a soft duck egg green because it is a gender neutral colour and is baby-like. Finally, I landed with this design:


Here we have a thinner outline that looks more polished. The font that was used in the earlier designs was 'Voga' however it was sending the wrong message, so I ended up using 'Playfair Display' as my main font as it has more of a playful edge. I employed the slogan underneath the logo as this will be something I will have to implement throughout this brand. Alongside this, I have adapted to have two logos. One that is the one shown above and the other being a logo with just the company name. The latter logo will be used on the company website and on branding material. This is what it looks like:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a presence on social media 3.2 - Part 2

In order to be successful on social media, I have to be able to keep my social media filled with content and be posting at prime times. Since I will be using Hootsuite to post to my social media accounts. I can post at prime times without having to think about it. I have created an Instagram and Facebook page for my business. I will be using the help of Instagram's hashtags and using them as a way to attract new and potential clients.

Back your message with a great product 2.1 - Part 3

In order to have a great product I have to create a great product. For this I have been researching on the internet looking for patterns I could use for my business. I have enjoyed the process of finding designs that are quick and easy to make as well as learning new designs. For the launch of my website I will be featuring on of my classic and basic designs. I have chosen to showcase these products because they are easy and quick to make. If my business is successful I have to make sure that I am able to keep up with the demand that comes along with it. The basic bundle will include, booties, a hat and a pair of mittens. These are considered the necessities therefore I know that they will be in demand.