Skip to main content

The starting point


For my final year project, I will be creating and establishing my own business. For a while now I have taken up the hobby of knitting and think that it is time that I create my own brand, selling what I make. I have decided to call my business 'Petite Apparel', as I will be focusing on baby clothes such as booties, mittens and hats. I know that building this final project will help me to create a future after university as I will be carrying it with me.

To start, I will be looking into Journals and articles that look into building brands and use them as a referencing guide. From this I will move on to learn about building a brand and the importance of building a brand the right way and how to market efficiently.

At the end of this module, I will be handing in a production pack, a research pack, a product and a website. This is something challenging for me. Previously, I have always focused on websites as a stand-alone, and because I am building a business, I will have to stretch myself in new ways and learn new strengths.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose a design scheme 1.5

For my brand, I want something clean, yet sophisticated. I want my logo, website, social media and other forms of medium to elude this too. I want to create a brand that is modern yet classical at the same time. I want this look because customers are more likely to trust a brand that they know has been around for a long time rather than a business that is starting up. This week I was challenged to create a logo, something that customers will be able to recognise me from. It was advised on Wiki to get a logo made by a professional, however since I am a media specialist it is only right that I create it myself. Here are the logos that I have made: I know that I want something clean, but it also needs a tag line. The colours I have chosen for my logo are black and white. I have chosen these colours because they are simple and contrast well against each other. After I created these logos, I looked back and noticed that there was a lack of personality, slogan and colour. There ...

Have a presence on social media 3.2 - Part 2

In order to be successful on social media, I have to be able to keep my social media filled with content and be posting at prime times. Since I will be using Hootsuite to post to my social media accounts. I can post at prime times without having to think about it. I have created an Instagram and Facebook page for my business. I will be using the help of Instagram's hashtags and using them as a way to attract new and potential clients.

Back your message with a great product 2.1 - Part 3

In order to have a great product I have to create a great product. For this I have been researching on the internet looking for patterns I could use for my business. I have enjoyed the process of finding designs that are quick and easy to make as well as learning new designs. For the launch of my website I will be featuring on of my classic and basic designs. I have chosen to showcase these products because they are easy and quick to make. If my business is successful I have to make sure that I am able to keep up with the demand that comes along with it. The basic bundle will include, booties, a hat and a pair of mittens. These are considered the necessities therefore I know that they will be in demand.