Skip to main content

Be involved in the community 3.4 - Part 3

I did it, I went to the CHSI event at the NEC. Luckily there was free parking and that the exhibition itself was open. There were so many other retailers and businesses that took part in the event. According to the NEC website, there were over 60 businesses there. They ranged in all sorts of arts and craft, knitting, quilting, making candles, new fabric and printing. I enjoyed engaging with the businesses that were there. I was able to learn many things from talking to them. For example, I found that they were all approachable and were willing to engage with people. This is an excellent skill to have especially as a future businesswoman. I want customers to feel at ease when conversing with me as well as having conversations with them and building rapport.


Going and partaking in this event was something I needed to do. I was able to learn so much from the people that were there. It was also an opportunity to boost my self-esteem, while I was there I conversed with many business owners that pushed and encouraged me to continue what I was doing, and it was what I needed. An extra boost. There is another event happening later this year in May, it is paid, but after learning what I did from this event, I now know that it is crucial to go to events to liaise with businesses and potential customers.


Below are a few images from the event:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a presence on social media 3.2 - Part 2

In order to be successful on social media, I have to be able to keep my social media filled with content and be posting at prime times. Since I will be using Hootsuite to post to my social media accounts. I can post at prime times without having to think about it. I have created an Instagram and Facebook page for my business. I will be using the help of Instagram's hashtags and using them as a way to attract new and potential clients.

Choose a design scheme 1.5

For my brand, I want something clean, yet sophisticated. I want my logo, website, social media and other forms of medium to elude this too. I want to create a brand that is modern yet classical at the same time. I want this look because customers are more likely to trust a brand that they know has been around for a long time rather than a business that is starting up. This week I was challenged to create a logo, something that customers will be able to recognise me from. It was advised on Wiki to get a logo made by a professional, however since I am a media specialist it is only right that I create it myself. Here are the logos that I have made: I know that I want something clean, but it also needs a tag line. The colours I have chosen for my logo are black and white. I have chosen these colours because they are simple and contrast well against each other. After I created these logos, I looked back and noticed that there was a lack of personality, slogan and colour. There ...

Conduct market research to find out who you're serving 2.2

Having a business is great, but serving the right demographic is crucial. To develop this brand further, I will have to find and target the correct demographic. To see this demographic, I will be creating a survey on survey monkey to find out more about my audience. This will enable me to focus my advertisements correctly and efficiently. I used common market research questions from https://blog.alexa.com/market-research-questions/ to formulate the survey. I chose this method because it was easier and would deliver similar results to a focus group. The main reason I decided to do a study online was because of the ease of access. By completing a survey, online users are not limited to the ways to which they can respond to questions. By completing the survey online, it also reaches a broader audience, which is something that is needed to create a successful recollection of data. A link to the survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KZ8N9L3 . The results of this...