Skip to main content

Have a Killer Website 3.3 - Part 3

Now that I have established to foundations to my website, it is time to start creating and learning the ways of Shopify. There is a range of free themes, I have decided to use the Narrative theme as it has many features that I want to incorporate on my website such as the opportunity to zoom on pictures. Learning a new hosting site is something that I am not entirely familiar with, as I usually code my websites. Netherless I am grateful to say I that I am enjoying the ease of using Shopify.

I want to make sure I get everything for my website, to do this I am going to refer to my Gantt chart and make sure that I am top of all of my tasks. As of now, the website I am building is hidden and requires a password to enter. I like this feature as it gives me time to process and take my time making the website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a presence on social media 3.2 - Part 2

In order to be successful on social media, I have to be able to keep my social media filled with content and be posting at prime times. Since I will be using Hootsuite to post to my social media accounts. I can post at prime times without having to think about it. I have created an Instagram and Facebook page for my business. I will be using the help of Instagram's hashtags and using them as a way to attract new and potential clients.

Choose a design scheme 1.5

For my brand, I want something clean, yet sophisticated. I want my logo, website, social media and other forms of medium to elude this too. I want to create a brand that is modern yet classical at the same time. I want this look because customers are more likely to trust a brand that they know has been around for a long time rather than a business that is starting up. This week I was challenged to create a logo, something that customers will be able to recognise me from. It was advised on Wiki to get a logo made by a professional, however since I am a media specialist it is only right that I create it myself. Here are the logos that I have made: I know that I want something clean, but it also needs a tag line. The colours I have chosen for my logo are black and white. I have chosen these colours because they are simple and contrast well against each other. After I created these logos, I looked back and noticed that there was a lack of personality, slogan and colour. There ...

Conduct market research to find out who you're serving 2.2

Having a business is great, but serving the right demographic is crucial. To develop this brand further, I will have to find and target the correct demographic. To see this demographic, I will be creating a survey on survey monkey to find out more about my audience. This will enable me to focus my advertisements correctly and efficiently. I used common market research questions from https://blog.alexa.com/market-research-questions/ to formulate the survey. I chose this method because it was easier and would deliver similar results to a focus group. The main reason I decided to do a study online was because of the ease of access. By completing a survey, online users are not limited to the ways to which they can respond to questions. By completing the survey online, it also reaches a broader audience, which is something that is needed to create a successful recollection of data. A link to the survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KZ8N9L3 . The results of this...